Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I've read that the more you tell others your goals, the more likely you are to stick with them, so I'm subjecting everyone who reads my blog (probably about 5 people ;) to my goals for 2012.
AND since we're half way through Jan. I can tell you how I'm doing on all of them.  Good accountability right?

General Resolutions

Eat out less - replace eating out with friends with activities with friends 
          I'm doing great with this.  Tennis instead of breakfast; making dinner instead of going out.
Get to my goal weight
          With support from some great girls, this is coming right along  :)
Respond to service requests, i.e. There's a service opportunity, call this person to chip in 
           I haven't noticed any requests yet, but I'm on the look out.
Ultimately organize room
           Oh this is SO happening.  I've already cleared out 4 totes, and my room my closet is looking         
           fine, fine, fine.

Daily Goals
Read scriptures and pray more
           I think I'm getting better at praying the morning.  Working on the rest...
Play my guitar 20 minutes or more per day
           Doing pretty well at this.  Beginning guitar done, Intermediate guitar class started, and awesome
Watch less TV
           Hum...I have been watching less TV, but less is more, so I'll keep trying
Be more kind
           The metro is my focus of this right now.  I've been smiling and letting people go in front of me, 
           etc. just like I did when I first moved here.  (still watching my wallet of course)

Weekly
Take pictures
           I'm reading my camera manual still, so I have taken some, but more to come.  I'm trying to       
          decide how to share them.  Any suggestions?

Monthly Goals
Work on Family History
          Good thing it's still January...
Find a regular service opportunity
          Again, I still have half a month to figure this out
Go on a date once a month - even if I ask him
          January's date just called me back.  No pressure, just a nice guy.
Go to the temple
          See 1 and 2 of this section...

No comments: