Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bear River Mutual - highly recommended

How often is it that you say, "man, I wish I could have stayed with that insurance company- they were so cheep and treated me so well!" I haven't heard it, except with Bear River Mutual. Kudos to Kimi for the recommendation.

Bear River is unique in the fact that you have to sign a document saying you will not smoke, drink or do drugs, ever. Not just while driving the car, but the entire time you're insured with them. This apparently allows them to provide insurance for an awesome price. I understand why this company thrives in Utah, and I'm sad it only exists out there in the West.

Is that all you might say? Is that all about the company you can recommend? That their prices are cheep because they discriminate against vices? No! They have good service too. I cancelled my renters and my car insurance and they did it with no questions, easily, and sent me the prorated premiums with no problem.

So I say to you Bear River Mutual, a sad goodbye, but maybe a see you soon- I'll come back to you if I ever live where you'll cover me.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good to know! I hope someday you do plan on coming back, but I know the east coast is fun.

Kimi said...

I know I miss them too. Ryan got tickets while having their insurance and our premium actually still went down the next time we renewed. We had them when we totalled our new used car of two weeks and everything was processed really quickly. They took care of an accident that wasn't my fault and dealt with the other insurance company. LOVE THEM!

Bruce Dyson said...

I have heard nothing but good things about bear river mutual. Enough to make me want to look into switching to them. I really like the idea that they have you sign something saying you will avoid such risks as smoking, drinking, and drugs, things I don't do anyways. And if I can get a lower insurance rate for that, sign me up!