Sunday, March 01, 2009

Fearless Heart

I can't find a good video or sound clip for this song, the best I can do is this...

http://www.rhapsody.com/-search?query=fearless%20heart&searchtype=RhapKeyword

Use the Steve Earle version.


This is one of my life songs. (You know, those songs that you hear and it's amazing that it describes your life, or that you want to pattern your life after because you think it will make you a better person)


"Don't you worry bout what you've been told
Cause honey I ain't even close to cold
It's kinda soon to fall in love again
But sometimes the best that you can do is just jump back in
I got me a fearless heart
Strong enough to get you through the scary part
It's been broken many times before
A fearless heart just comes back for more

Folks'll tell you that I'm just no good
But I wouldn't hurt you honey if I could
I can't promise this'll work out right
But it would kill me darlin' if we didn't even try

I admit I fall in love a lot
But I nearly always give it my best shot
I know you must think I'm the reckless kind
But I want a lady with a fearless heart just like mine


So what's this post all about, besides sharing random music?

I have a friend who is currently trying to find the courage to make something happen with a guy she likes. This is what I say...


Have a fearless heart!


I have been hurt, I have hurt others, BUT I have LOVED, and I have been LOVED. And that- that is worth the risk and the hurt. I have said, more than once, "hey, i kinda like you". And that has lead to the,

"I want to just be friends" answer,and that has also lead to the..."I kinda like you too" answer.


Here's the thing- why not put yourself out there? Put yourself out there in the beginning, put yourself out there in the middle, go all in, put your fearless heart into another's hands, and jump into what could be an amazing experience.


NOTE OF CAUTION: as we all know, I have not graduated from the single life, my advice obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Honestly, I'm learning, and what I'm learning is, that sometimes I need to be slow, but there's a balance between slow and a fearless heart. I guess I'll find that balance one day and at the same time, I'll find a guy who wants whatever balance I have found. :)


(Apparently all my blogging lately is about relationships, but hey, the marrieds blog about kids and marriage so don't hate)

No comments: