Monday, September 19, 2005

See Cody's Blog...



Well, here it is. Not exactly, but it's pretty close. I think this is taken from the other side of the rock. See Cody's blog @ http://barefootrecords.blogspot.com/ and scroll down to the "Have you ever" entry. Good fun huh? I was in this place 4 years ago.

I think it's a romantic thought that I stood on the same beach as at least one other person I "e-know". It makes you think of all the people who have gone before in the place you are, and all the people who will come after. People you will never meet or you might one day meet, will share just one moment and place with you. Along with this- it's a wonderful opportunity to connect with another by talking with them about a place you both have been.

It's amazing that our world is so very small. I think before the advent of modern travel it was much larger, but now we are only a hop, skip or plane ride from wherever we want. I have met people in New York, Seattle, etc. when I was visiting or living there who were from my home town all by coincidence.

This idea is made on the presumption that we have money. If one does not have money, the world is again very large and not quite as accessible. I wonder if those who have never really traveled know what they are missing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lindsey,
I liked what you had to say about pondering all of the people who have crossed your path that you may or may not meet later on in life. When you do meet these people it is always an enlighting experience as you intertwine your web with their's. ie. my uncle married a woman he met on the internet from England. She had, years previous, been my sister's young women's teacher when she was traveling there. My sister's investigator from her mission in Russia is now married to one of her best friends father and living a few blocks away! Stuff like this happens everyday. In the words of a very annoying amusment park ride, "It's a small world after all!"