Friday, September 23, 2005

Army

I totally and completely respect the men and women who give service to our county. I do not have that capacity, but I am eternally grateful for them and the peace, security and freedom they provide me.

That said- I have a story...
I was walking home from school yesterday, still on campus, and suddenly I hear “Joe got send to Vietnam”…”JOE GOT SEND TO VIETNAM!” with about 45 voices. I turn around to see our ROTC Army women and men, running in beat and chanting. Does anyone know the name of this process? I think there’s a name for it. Anyway, so the next thing I hear is “Joe’s going to kill the Vietcom”…”JOE’S GOING TO KILL THE VIETCOM!” The chanting went through an entire story about his young man and his family all the way to his son getting his metal of honor after Joe died in Vietnam. My goodness! I was quite overcome with amazement at this display of training.
I would like to know the opinion of those in the army and out, of this type of exercise and just opinion on army training in general.

No comments: