Monday, May 23, 2005

Local Bands, Passion & Passionate People

Tonight I went to my cousin's acoustic guitar performance at a store in the mall called Local. Basically it's a store of local band CD's, t-shirts and a stage. I went to support my cousin (he's 15) and show him I care, but I ended up with more.

I ended up remembering my love for people with passion. All of those kids (high school) got up there in front of friends and strangers and sung their hearts, they LOVE the music they play, they have such a dedication to it. I see this in many aspects of life- music at all levels, art that people do only for themselves, a mother caring for her child, a love for literature, a passion for helping others, love of dance, pretty much anything people do. You can see it in their eyes and hear it in their voice- they LOVE what they are doing and it is a passion.

This is a quality that I am very attracted to (romantically and friendshiply) that is defiantly not a word! LOL. Anyway- I wish sometimes I had more of this so that I would feel adequate around these people. One day right? I'm currently trying to focus my hobbies so that might help :) I digress- Passion is impressive to me, and I hope all you out there know, if you have it- KEEP IT! If you don't, think about developing it, it can enrich your life.

2 comments:

Cody Russell McComas said...

Lindsey-Two things:
1-It is good to see that you started a blog to share your thoughts with us.
2-I like the template, where did you get it? Is it one that is available from Blogger?
3-(okay so there are 3 things) I agree with your thoughts on passion. Most of my best friends are very passionate people. We are to be a passionate people...the Lord will have His people be passionate.

Lindsey said...

Cody,
I got the template from Blogger. I like it also. I wish I knew how to put picutre and such on, but I'm learning.