Sunday, November 10, 2013

We go to TX!!

Trip Number One - Rob to Texas

Rob is a great driver.  He also doesn't mind driving for long periods of time.  So...he drove, drove, drove and drove!  We left Thursday, April 25th, stopped in Birmingham, AL to sleep and then drove to Dallas the next day.


The Pilot was PACKED!!  Good thing Rob is great at Tetris.  We had snacks from a cute friend who had made us a road trip package.  She made us a driving DC too!  It was well done.


I, as most of my friends and family know, don't like driving long distances.  I didn't want Rob to go to Texas by himself, so I wanted to go, but he defiantly made it easier for me.  He let me stretch out as we drove, we stopped for food, and bathroom breaks more often than he needed to, etc.  

As we drove into the Dallas Rob told me what building was what downtown, we saw where the Mavericks play, where the freeways went, and stories about living there before.  It was great to hear him reminisce. 
New Townhouse!
We have a greatroom! You can see in and out of the kitchen to the living room; we have two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a garage and a drive way!!!  It's so crazy.  AND we pay less than Rob's rent in DC.  Loving the housing in TX!!
We even have a pool right outside the front door. 
 

Rob took me to his favorite Mexican restaurant in Dallas.  I told him he was setting my expectations pretty high when he told me how good it was.  It TOTALLY met and exceeded my expectations.  The food was yummy!  They even had chorizo. 

DC has A-mazing food, but I never found a really good authentic Mexican place.  Yay for Texas!  The only thing in the picture that Rob ate- the chips/salsa and the quesadilla at the top.  I just wanted to try everything!  I did take a box home, I will say that.


We moved Rob to Irving, Texas.  It's a suburb of Dallas.  The neighborhood we're in is called Las Colinas.  And what is the identifier for this neighborhood?  Nothing less than HORSES!  Granted I haven't seen any real horses here yet, I love that they have these statues downtown and their flag has a horse on it.

When you all visit (yes, all the family and friends should come visit) we'll go see these.  They're beautiful.  Larger than life size.

Starting with the Mavericks

Rob likes working for the Mavs.  He also works extremely hard.  He's always had a great work ethic and they are so glad to have him. 

After about 4 months working for them, he was asked to be a skit for their website.  The rest is history!  Every time we see it on TV I laugh.  His colleagues from all over the country emailed, text and called when they saw it on ESPN.  Ha, too funny.  It originally aired the beginning of October.  If you haven't see it, it's worth a look: http://www.mavs.com/videos/game-day-get-in-the-game/

Trip Number Two - Lindsey to Texas
Apparently I took no pictures on our second trip.  It was similar, but with my car stuffed to the gills, stopping in Nashville to sleep, and I did drive some.  We left September 1st.  Exactly 3.5 years from when I arrived in DC.  

One thing we got to do before the season ended, was go to a Rangers game!  I am of course, now a Mavericks fan, but I still love baseball.  It was a great game and a great start to living in Texas.

1 comment:

Lauren @ Here We Geaux said...

So fun! Glad to see you're doing well and enjoying the amazingness that is married life!