Friday, July 05, 2013

Lindsey's Bridal Shower in Washington DC


June 15, 2013

I graduated from high school 11 years ago.  (Gasp, I know!)  Since then I can easily count multiple baby and bridal showers I've planned or helped plan.  I've loved it.  I love celebrating wonderful life events and spoiling the women I care about.  

So, when it came to my own bridal shower, it was an odd feeling to be in the guest of honor seat rather than the hostess.  I felt shy, but in the end, felt so loved.  It's wonderful to feel the good wishes, support and love our friends have for Rob and my relationship. 

I have to share the some of the many highlights:


It started with the cupcake dress.  How cute is this?   Ms. Joni Renick is the best baker I know, and and even better hostess. These had caramel inside with vanilla bean frosting.  Yum!!
 Marla, Kellee and Joni hosted my shower and did fantastic job.  Here are some of the preparations:

Presents.  So sweet of everyone!

Kellee making Mango smoothies.
The spread.
Jenny helping out.  One of my favorite roommates!




Then the present opening came.  Everyone was so generous and I felt so spoiled!  It wasn't keen on everyone looking at me for that amount of time, but this was helped by the request to talk about Rob :)  I could talk about him endlessly.  They wanted to know everyone from how we met to how he proposed.  There's plenty to tell as we've been together for over a year now and he's done so many amazing things for us, and so many miracles have happened to bring us, and keep us together.  There was much awww'ing.

Can't remember why glasses were so funny, but we are excited to get them.  We're having a blue and yellow kitchen. 

Surprise face...For the men reading, I'll spare you the picture of the content.  It was really cute though!!  This was one of two lingerie items that I got.  My friends have good taste. 

The ladies of the day.  These women have been such good friends to me over the years and even just recent new friends.  I can't thank them enough for their love and support, and their support of Rob and I. We will miss you A LOT.

3 comments:

Kylen and Adrienne said...

Congratulations Lindsey! I'm so excited for you and Rob!!

Lindsey said...

Oh, thanks Adrienne! :) I'm so lucky to have him. He says he's the lucky one, but we all know better ;)

Jenny said...

So sweet! I had such a blast and am SO SO happy for you!!!

When are we doing lunch again?